TORQUE SHEAR LUGS & FERRULES
Heavy duty torque shear lugs/connectors consist of a tin plated aluminium lug body with shear bolts. With only four sizes available in the range, a single torque shear can accommodate several conductor sizes. They are designed for the perfect fit in low or medium voltage cable up to 42kV. Each torque has factory applied grease for protection against moisture and oxidation. Once the bolts are tightened the heads are shared of, the torque is irremovable.
- Lug bodies are made of a high-tensile, tin-plated aluminium alloy.
- The internal surfaces of the conductor holes are grooved.
- Connectors are chaffered at the edges and available with or without oil barrier (as blocked and unblocked types) depending on the application requirements.
- Lugs are suitable for outdoor and indoor applications and are available with different palm hole sizes.
SHEAR HEAD BOLTS
- Made of an aluminium alloy, these contact bolts have a single or double shear-head point and are hexagonal in shape.
- The bolts are treated with a highly lubricating agent and equipped with a contact ring.
- Contact bolts are irremovable once their heads have been sheared off.